Howdy folks! Been a while again! So sorry for that! October seems to be the busiest month for me when it comes to schoolwork. It's like getting hits from all angles and can't fight back all of them: BOOM advertising assignment BOOM a script for an add, BOOM reports, BOOM exams. Surprise!
I'm so glad we went to the Rockies last month and got a lot of sightseeing done then because Now I have to wait till closer to next month to be able to really enjoy myself again! But in reality the school here is fun so I'm not complaining. The next picture is from last week I think. Taken from the library as my team was preparing for a negotiations assignment. Pretty cool, EH?
It looks like an eagle to me!
And here's how my days look like!
As some of you might know, this coming Monday (or the current Monday that is, in Europe) is Thanksgiving here and my bathroom-mate went home for the holidays! Actually, most of my floor went as well so my weekend has been as it looks above as well as doing laundry. So I have now utilized the bathroom to it's fullest! When the cat's away...
And on we move to the Thanksgiving feast we had today at the residence! It's really great how much activities the school, student union and the residence have for us! The meal was for students who stayed here and boy, was it ever good! My first real Thanksgiving meal too! I think I'm in love... With stuffing! (Juha, I still like you though!)
The residence people provided some basics like the turkeys (!!), cranberry sauce (Which tastes like lingonberry sauce to me), stuffing (!!) and gravy. (Also, two huge pies: Apple and pumpkin) All the students were supposed to bring something, I made sweet potato casserole, there was mash potatoes, corn, beets, carrots, more sweet potatoes.. And some had baked for dessert as well. As you can see from the pictures... Well, you can't so let me just tell you: it was unbelievably good!!
And now we move to the REAL topic! The third day of the trip! As usual I went for a brisk walk to chilly Banff city center in the morning. I had been meaning to go earlier but the sun was barely up even though I waited to go. Anyway, the center was really charming and I had seen most of it already the previous night as we had walked to and from the nightclub and before that as well.
Our hotel, Banff International
If I remember right this was the only original shop at Banff!
Afterwards we took off with out bus as every morning and after some driving went on sightseeing and a small morning hike to yet another waterfall! And yet again, Ah! So beautiful!
Beware of loose cave women!
This is from another stop, one more glacier lake! This one was absolutely breathtaking in the morning.
Out tour guide!!
From Columbian ice fields! This is where we went for out glacier trip!
The old kind of truck they used to take people with to the glacier!
The NEW kind!
The guide said the water melting from the glacier is really good and some of us got it in the bottle but since the glacier didn't look very white, I did not take any water from there! I tried it though, and it was really cold!
This is from the town of Jasper. Can you see the mountain? Looks like a first nations chief!
After arriving to the hotel at our last hotel of the trip in Valemont, we put on warm clothes, because:
In the evening we had a BBQ! All three busloads of people that were on the trip were all in one place! It was fun, eating hamburgers, hot dogs, s'mores!
Roasting marshmallows!
My s'more, yum yum!
So that was a little about my time here as well as day 3! I'll try to write about the last day of the trip next week!
See ya later alligator!
~Heidi
(Suomennos. Koulun kanssa on pitänyt todella kiirettä, Lokakuu vaikuttaisi olevan kaikista kiireisin kuukausi minulla täällä! Ohessa muutama kuva opiskeluiden ohesta. Ikkunasta otett kuva on kirjastosta, toinen täältä huoneesta. Varsinkin jälkimmäinen tarjoaa hienot näkymät...
Täällä vietetään maanantaina kiitospäivää ja sen kunniaksi myös täällä asuntolassa oli tänään juhlaruokailu! Kalkkunan sun muuta ruokaa tarjosi asuntola ja kaikki oppilaat toivat myös itse jotain (Tein bataattilaatikkoa). Voitte uskoa kun sanon että oli hyvää!
VIhdoin myös reissun kolmanteen päivään. Päivä alkoi perinteisellä aamukävelyllä viileässä Banffissa. matka jatkui sen jälkeen vesiputouksille, ja kahdelle eri järvelle. Ensimmäinen oli aivan uskomattoman kaunis, ja olihan toinenkin. Hauskaa oli että se näytti sudelta!
Järvien jälkeen koittikin jäätikköretki! Monet ottivat jäätiköltä sulavaa vettä vesipulloihin mutta itse en vakuuttunut sen puhtaudesta täydin koska ihmiset siellä kävelivät.. Maistoin tosin, ja oli todella kylmää!
Jasperin kaupunki oli viimeisenä nähtävyytenä. Se oli todella pieni ja suloinen kaupunki! Huomatkaa vuori, joka näyttää intiaanipäälliköltä!
Viimeinen hotellimme sijaitsi Valemont:ssa. Heitimme tavaramme sisälle ja lämmintä päälle sillä sinä iltana oli kaikkien kolmen bussin yhteinen grillaus-ilta! Hampurilaisia, hot dogeja sekä paahdettuja vaahtokarkkeja! Nam! Sinä iltana nukutti makeasti!
Siinä siis tämän hetken kuulumisia sekä kolmas päivä. Yritän ensi viikolla saada kirjoitettua viimeisestä reissupäivästä! Heippahei siihen asti!)
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti