Another week has passed! It feels like I have been here for a lot longer time since so much has happened already. This week all my classes started and from what I've heard from other students I got lucky with my teachers! All my courses seem really interesting so far and the teachers are all big personalities, like they are putting on a show in front of the class even though they are themselves, awesome!
Right now my courses are:
Negotiations
Law and politics in Canada
Consumer behavior
Organizational behavior
International finance
The last one I am about to change to another marketing course (Advertising and promotion) since the content is pretty much the same as in one of the economics classes we took at TAMK. (Only a tad more advanced and difficult)
So that's about my school week! Yesterday after school I had a small nap and then went out with some German students (About 80-90% of the exchange students are from Germany). We were supposed to go to the VIU pub on campus but it was too full so we went to the residence of one of the girls instead. We played Looping Louie which, apparently is a children's game but nowadays super popular drinking game!
I, a poor excuse of an exchange student did not drink one bit because this morning I wanted to go jogging! I did go and the weather was just beautiful (HOT). Now I am just waiting for mother nature to go "Haahaa, fooled you, now here is all the rain you've been missing our on!"
On Thursday I signed up for a trip to go to Coombs and Englishman river falls and after my morning jog I got ready to go! We had a smaller VIU buss for us waiting to go. Our first stop was Coombs and their small market area I suppose. They had shops there and fresh fruits, etc. And REALLY delicious and huge ice creams!
Chocolate raspberry cheesecake ice cream, need I say more?
"Pyromania pottery"
Goats on roofs! This is what Coombs is known for!
The Englishman river falls
We climbed down the rocks to get better pictures. Needless to say a skirt was not an ideal pick of the day but I still managed to get my pictures without flashing anything!
Back at Nanaimo!
The trip was really great and we saw a lot even though it was a short one. After coming back we went to play some volleyball (I'm still terrible at it but it was fun!) and pretty soon we are going to a nearby lake so I should wrap this up for now, untill next time!
Have a grrrrreat weekend!
~Heidi
(Suomennos: Toinen viikko jo kulunut Kanadassa! Tuntuu että olisin ollut täällä paljon kauemmin koska niin paljon on kerennyt jo tapahtua. Ensimmäinen viikko koulua on nyt ohi ja mitä olen muilta oppilailta kuullut minua onnistu opettajien kanssa! Todella mahtavia kaikki ja kurssinikin mielenkiintoisia, lista niistä on ylhäällä.
Eilen koulupäivän päätteeksi (Pienten torkkujen jälkeen) suuntasimme Saksalaisten vaihto-opiskelijoiden kanssa koulun pubiin mutta koska se oli täynnä lähdimme takaisin taloille ja pelasimme lasten peliä joka on Saksassa nykyään suosittu juomapeli. Itsehän en juonut mitään (Olen huono vaihtari) koska halusin mennä tänään aamulla lenkille, jonne meninkin! Sää oli todella upea!
Lenkin jälkeen lähdin koulun järjestämälle reissulle. Kohteena Coombs ja Englishman river falls. Ensimmäinen paikka on tunnettu siitä että siellä on vuohia katolla ja bongasimmekin niitä. Vesiputoukset olivat upeat!
Palattuamme lähdimme pelaamaan lentopalloa ja hetken päästä tarkoitus olisi lähteä vielä järvelle. Siksi sanonkin nyt heipat, ja ensi kertaan!
Hyvää viikonloppua!)
2 kommenttia:
Kiva kun aloit kirjottamaan kuulumisia tänne, helppo seurata sun seikkailuja :)
PS.Looping Louie -juomapeli on hauska, me ollaan pelattu sitä Suomessa jo monta vuotta :)
Ok, when I think of "Englishman river falls", I think of two conjoining water falls going "You go first, Nigel" "No, no, Harry mah boy, you go first" "No no, I insist YOU go first" "But I couldn't possibly, no, you go first".
Lähetä kommentti