On Saturday the plan was for some of us girls to go to a bigger island nearby, Newcastle island. They have really nice trails there as well as some villages of the natives, at least that's what I've heard! However it turned out that there was not enough time for that so I did some re-planning and went to Protection island instead where most of the other girls had been already. Actually, so had I but only for dinner once and did not get a chance to walk around the island.
Like I stated in my previous post, about the sense of direction I had a little hard time finding the right dock (Even though I had been there already..) where the ferry left to the island. Managed to find it though and finally made it! The weather was absolutely beautiful and so was the island. Now that I think about it I am really happy the university was not in Vancouver (Like I originally thought before digging deeper into it) but here. I can't imagine having all these opportunities to explore these kind of places there in the big city. However I do believe Vancouver has a lot to offer as well and intend on visiting there but that's another story!
Here are some pictures I took from the harbor area and from the island.
A Wee Cupcakery. Too cute!
Market at Nanaimo harbor
People who live on the island move around with golf carts because the taxes are lower! One lady was really sweet, I was going around the island and she stopped as I was walking and I asked her to make sure I was on the right path. She was nice enough to offer me a ride back to the ferry but I said I came there to actually walk around! How nice was that?
When you go too close to the water trying to take pictures of the nice looking waves you get your toes wet. *Note to self for next time*
After touring around the island it was time to walk around downtown Nanaimo a bit! To do an actual tour. I had gone there during my first days here as my hotel was in downtown but my German friend Diana had not! We had dinner at Penny's Palapa, a really nice and idyllic Mexican restaurant floating on the harbor. We had some delicious red snapper! And for the dessert... Well, see for yourselves!
Going for dinner at Penny's Palapa!
I think a good weather like this calls for some ice cream...
Upper scoop: Nanaimo bar
Lower scoop: Oreo
Crabs! Not knowing what awaits them.. Someone was measuring them to see if they were big enough to be eaten.
That's all for now folks! :) I'll get back to you next week!!
~Heidi
(Suomennos. Lauantaiksi oltiin suunniteltu Saksalaisten tyttöjen kanssa retkeä Newcastle saarelle, mutta koska aikaa olisi ollut turhan vähän sitä päätettiin siirtää toiseen kertaan! Siispä tein suunnitelmat uusiksi ja suuntasin itsekseni Protection saarelle jossa olinkin aikaisemmin ollut mutta vain syömässä, muut olivat kiertäneet sen ympäri aikaisemmin. Saari ja sää olivat todella kauniita ja sen näkee myös kuvista. Olen todella tyytyväinen että tulin tähän yliopistoon, niin paljon mahdollisuuksia nähdä ja kokea!
Kuten todettu edellisessä postauksessa minulla on hieman hankaluuksia suuntien kanssa ja en meinannut löytää heti laituria josta lautta lähtee. Onneksi kuitenkin loppujen lopuksi sen löysin ja pääsin saarelle!
Saariseikkailun jälkeen lähdin kiertämään keskustaa Saksalaisen Dianan kanssa joka siellä ei ollut vielä kerinnyt kiertää. Kävimme syömässä suloisessa Mexikolaisessa ravintolassa joka kellui rannassa sekä jäätelöllä, nam nam! Sen jälkeen kävelimme rantaa pitkin ja kuvia tästä liitettynä!
Tässä tältä erää minun viikonlopustani. Palataan ensi viikolla!!)
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti